St. Johns River Lighthouse
Characteristics: Fixed white with a red sector.
Height: 80 feet, 90 steps
DayMark: Red-washed conical brick tower with white lantern
History: Constructed in 1858. First Lighted January 1, 1859. Deactivated 1929. Tower was repainted by the Navy in 2000.
Lens: Original: Third-order fixed Fresnel lens. Focal plane: 77 feet.
Construction: Contruction: brick conical tower; foundation: brick.
Operated by: United States Navy
Visit Status: Viewable from outside the perimeter fence of the Mayport Naval Station.
Facilities: None, no handicap access
Visitor Info: The tower is located on the Mayport Naval Station and is not open to the public. A good view of this lighthouse can be seen from the road east from the Mayport ferry.
Mayport Lighthouse Association, Inc.
4610 Ocean Street
Mayport Village, FL 32233